Pages

Monday, June 14, 2021

Arising Too Early


Challenging day yesterday, both physical impediments and some emotional strain with my synagogue as it reopens and perks along without me.  Do I want to return as they reopen?  Not yet.  Do I want to defect  someplace else?  Probably not, though not entirely off the table.  It's been an unfavorable experience of a few years in duration, the extent unmasked perhaps by the forced separation of Covid.  So dizziness, dyspnea, and rumination all converge with the hope that REM will sort them out.  It hasn't.

My two sleep trackers interpret two very different nights for me, but the iTouch wristwatch sleep monitor seems almost fiction while the smart phone app matches my own assessment pretty closely, though it really cannot identify REM.  Rare difficulty falling asleep, which I attribute to some rehashing displeasure with the shul.  Once asleep, the pattern remained of waking at about two sleep cycles, dozing off for another two.  I woke partially refreshed about an hour before my wrist alarm setting.  I got up, did dental care, did weekly weight measurement, went to kitchen and made coffee.

Ordinarily, I make an effort to stay in bed until the wrist vibration so that there would be a clear demarcation between sleep time and activity time, but this morning I just proceeded ahead.  FB Roulette landed at 36, an even day without FB which makes me optimistic about what might be accomplished providing I tolerate my time on the treadmill this morning a lot better than I tolerated my venture to the garden yesterday afternoon.  And the synagogue really needs to be set aside until its annual meeting in two days when I can decide whether to impose some abrasive candor. 

No comments: