Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2021

Wobbly

At my cardiology visit a few days back, the NP recommended adding a minimal hctz dose to tweak my BP which had drifted up to borderline.  It's probably what I would have done as well so I picked up the prescription.  My lisinopril and amlodipine being set out in a weekly white plastic case for evening use, I continued that but took the hctz in the morning.  Since it makes more sense to take all the antihypertensives together, I omitted last night's dose and for the first time consolidated all three medicines to the morning, keeping the statin, SSRI, and PPI in the evening where they need to be.

It's been a troublesome first day.  I made it through Shop-Rite without difficulty but in the afternoon started having orthostatic symptoms, including a minor fall for which I groped for my desk chair.  After recovery, my smart watch recorded my pulse at 93 with baseline in the 60's or low 70s.  Later I got dizzy again in the living room, recovered and recorded my BP which was lower than usual but not really in orthostatic range while sitting and symptom free.  

My outdoor project being to stake the four tomato plants in the backyard.  It did not go well at all.  I felt wobbly carrying the four plastic stakes to the garden bed, the short of breath as I planted each stake and bent down to apply a plastic bag tie to each tomato stem.  Afterwards the dyspnea got worse and my sternal area didn't feel right.  I could not advance more than three steps at a time before having to catch my breath again.  I considered an ER visit but opted to rest a bit instead.  My smartwatch pulse has settled at about 80, still above average, but breathing has recovered.  I do not feel lightheaded anymore.

My guess is that the BP medicines may do better at PM except for the hctz but I'll give it another go.  And any more dyspnea with just a few steps will get some medical attention, if only an Patient Portal note to the NP Cardiologist.

No comments: