Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Unentitled Father's Day

The Gays get a Pride Month.  Mothers, Fathers, Doctors, and those who Labor get a day.  Up at the specified time for this year's Father's Day.  No real indulgences planned, but I should get a long overdue haircut, if not today, then this week.  It's a treadmill day by calendar.  It's a FB off day by electronic roulette.  And its a do fleishig dishes day because Sundays follow fleishig shabbos dinners.  Don't really feel a need for unique, designated activities or any real or contrived elevation of status.  I'm hardly deprived of opportunities to pursue what I like, though perhaps sometimes deprived of motivation to pursue what I should.  

The calendar usually puts Father's Day at the penultimate weekly planning day for the half-calendar, so my next six months of initiatives as SMART goals get committed to paper.  I did a little better this past semi-annual bloc than most.  Father's Day doesn't change that.  It's more a calendar demarcation point than an indulgent one, as it should be.



No comments: