Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Perking Up to Settle Down


Coffee at my side.  FB Roulette 18 making this an avoid day.  Oil level in car adequate for travel.  Just a bit damp out but not soaked.  And I'm feeling better, almost at baseline.  All systems look OK for a day at the beach, most likely Cape Henlopen which offers me a fishing option.  Rod in car too.

There's loneliness, which I have, something that stings a bit.  And there's solitude, which I also have, something welcome, though maybe too abundant of late.  Fishing from a pier with other anglers or challenging some UVB light to penetrate sunscreen puts me in something of a pseudocommunity with others who want the same things but don't interact.  And then there's the synagogue which is a real community that interacts but stagnates when it does.  Neither is really vibrant, each has some beneficial purpose.  And then there's FB and Twitter, designed for interactions ranging from rapport to provocation. Best to leave Tw aside and FB entry random, like I've done.

Challenging couple of days from physical and to a lesser extent emotional strains, coming under better perspective.  Finish coffee, do some loose ends, leave for beach mid-morning.

No comments: