Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Becoming Cheerful

Elevating my mood has been a struggle of late.  I'm not impaired, or haven't noticed if I am.  I can sit in my green burlap swivel chair, derive comfort, and think in front of my screen.  I do the dishes each morning and have been faithful to advancing my treadmill performance in small increments.  My reading stays on or ahead of schedule.  No, I'm not disabled from not feeling cheerful.  It would likely be better if circumstances put me more in circulation with other people but Covid limitations have had their impact, including, I think, less infusion of cheer.  Maybe the deficit is not cheer but pleasure.  There are things I enjoy:  driving around the area, drinking coffee in the morning, I've now allotted myself a single serving of an alcohol containing liquid each evening.  Choosing, pouring and sipping it generates some pleasure, though not really cheer.  Checking a task as earned and completed has a very transient satisfaction.  Cheer needs to be more enduring.  If it can be worked on, I'll continue to work on it. 


No comments: