Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Petty Annoyances

My new Camry's tire pressure warning came on.  With the ambient temperature entering a cold snap and no visual change in the appearance of the tires, I felt comfortable with a short hightly desired trip, assuming that we have the limitations of modern measuring technology to the immutability of the ideal gas laws.  But tires have some elasticity so are not entirely of fixed volume where pressure would decline linearly with temperature.  So I am obligated to check it out, though not urgently.

Somewhere I have a tire gauge.  Not sure where, or even if I've already put one in a compartment of the new car, but I own at least one electronic device and probably more than one pencil shaped gauge.  Or for a few dollars I can buy another one, probably electronic, if I cannot find one that I already have over the next day.  As it warms up, testing will get more comfortable so I'll wait until peak daily temperature.  And there may really be something subtle wrong with one of the tires that needs professional attention.  Unlikely though.  Suspect the latest irritation of our electronic age.


No comments: