Pages

Friday, February 18, 2022

French Press Coffee

Don't know how well I slept. There was a storm overnight, lots of wind.  Would have been a problem snowstorm, not a problem limited torrential rain, except for sleep disturbance.  My iTouch watch conked out a few minutes before it's intended wake-up buzz, but let me know with a brief single buzz.  Up, dental care, watch to not very versatile charger via USB computer port, and I'm on my way for TGIF, not that Friday's matter a whole lot when you don't work a M-F schedule.  Some K-cup awakener, plan Friday and Shabbos, sip while checking email and seeing what Bari Weiss' Common Sense post can do to unsuccessfully generate my outrage.  Finish the audio Parsha commentary that I do each week, which often comes rather late Thursdays on yutorah.org.  And it's a treadmill recovery day.

Not really feeling like a dynamo of activity.  Not feeling groovy at all.  While finishing the milchig dishes, I boiled water, added some overly ground Lavazza coffee to my smallest French press, steeped it for four minutes timed with an electronic countdown timer, and pressed.  Add some left over heavy cream from when I made whipped cream, spritz of Pumpkin Pie Spice, then pour the coffee.  Tastes good.  Know in about an hour if it changes me in a favorable way.

No comments: