Pages

Friday, March 4, 2022

Adventuresome Shabbos Dinner

Been taking the easy way out of late, or maybe not.  Roasted Turkey half-breast.  Chicken cacciatore takes preparation and last a while.  I've made it many times, tried and true.  Sticking chicken in crock pot with whatever I have at hand has been done by my balaboosta ancestors long before earthenware was heated electrically.  I needed something new.

Found a Syrian recipe for Tabyit.  Not too hard.  Not too straightforward.  It has a few steps.  Had all the ingredients but the tomatoes on hand.  This couldn't be too ancient a preparation if it depends on New World ingredients along with spices that needed transport from the Far East.  Soak rice.  Prep onions and tomatoes.  Make stuffing.  Stuff chicken and secure closed.  Make sauce.  Stick chicken in rice and slow cook as long as I want.  I can do that.  And boil a broccoli crown in time for candle lighting.


No comments: