Pages

Friday, March 25, 2022

Right Amount of Coffee


K-cups have transformed my morning experience, well worth the expense though I'm less certain about its likely environmental downside.  With variety options sorted in a revolving rack, and with scooped coffee that can be brewed in a k-cup adapter, each morning cup can be a little different.  I've hardly been out for coffee since the pandemic.  Even WaWa which offers the most variety, has challenged its price elasticity, now limiting this to a justifiable indulgence or traveling convenience.  But K-cups are the way to go, suspended for Passover, though technically with some effort or expense, they don't have to be.

Coffee at my desk in My Space has become the norm.  While loyalty to the core principles of sleep hygiene has made me less tired when my wrist alarm makes me woke, I still seek the boost of my first cup of java from the Keurig facsimile.  And the second cup.  It's that third cup later in the morning that seems to be changing the ritual.  It goes well with my OLLI schedule, not as well with my shabbos schedule.  And unless traveling or left over from the morning, never past 1PM.  

I experience it as part taste, which is why the ease of variety has become so attractive, and partly medicinal which is why it needs some restraint from excess.  My current pattern seems sustainable, the way to go after much trial and surprisingly little error.

No comments: