Pages

Friday, March 11, 2022

Hard to Entertain

When I created My Space I included a share of amusements.  Stereo, big flat screen TV, filled bookcases, a laptop that can access worldwide, tape recorders, art supplies, a short wave radio.  Other than the laptop, I rarely use any of them.  No Netflix movies, no classical music or jazz on WRTI, rarely use my recliner to read books. I have been challenging myself with crosswords of late, and occasionally teach myself to draw something.  If I want to see a football game, much less since the pandemic, I access it on the TV while reclining in the lounge chair, but overall I do not seek a fraction of the entertainment that I could tap.  It's not that I lack pleasure.  It just seems to generate internally from the things I set out to do rather than come my way externally.  I just don't seem to need to seek out entertainment despite its easy availability.


No comments: