Pages

Monday, March 21, 2022

Outdoor Planting


While the US Senate thinks they can control the clock, they really cannot control the seasons.  Not sure yet if they can control the climate favorably but the cycles of nature proceed.  My gardens, a semi-annual project, must adapt to outdoors reality.  It's probably time to plant some of the beet seeds I bought and to purchase some lettuce seeds, each frost resistant.  To enhance harvest, this year I plan to plant sequentially rather than all at once, but I don't know how I will maintain the records.  Indoor eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes all seem to be sprouting.  Sage and rosemary did not survive the backyard winter, so they will be relocated to the front, which means I will need at least one large new container for the rosemary.  Mint containers, peppermint and spearmint, look bedraggled but have a way of self-restoration with benign neglect and some water on my part.  Got a front container cherry tomato plant which is best started indoors, and fairly soon.  Landscapers lopped off most of the branches which had obscured substantial corners of the two 4x4 ft beds.  So I'm mostly ready to go, a little this week, a little next week.

No comments: