Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

In Circulation

As Covid eases and the weather warms I have more reason to venture outside, which means interacting with other people.  OLLI will find me physically present two days a week instead of one.  And I like to sit at the table, mask off, while I sip coffee before class or sometimes nibble complimentary paper bags of popcorn afterwards.  As my annoyance with my synagogue, and probably all synagogues, I might find myself there more frequently.  The library has opened.  I relax on a metal bench at Tally Day Park or a green wooden one at Bonsall Park.  During OLLI's intercession I have a two night getaway planned.  

I feel more in circulation.  With it, I am starting to feel more cheerful, though a long way from fully so.  While I despise pretense, perhaps I should take advantage of the circumstances to focus just a tad more on image, appearance, and cordiality.  Less clothing rewearing, maybe.  Comb hair, perhaps even cut.  Keep beard more attended. Resume wearing a tie to shul.  Little things.  Things that I will notice more than anyone I meet.

No comments: