Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2022

Different Approach


Shabbos in recliner in My Space with a small break for an early lunch.  No purposeful activity other that to look at the various lists of projects and intents that I keep, survey what has gone well and what can be done better.  I'm not yet ready to abandon anything that I set out to do.  Minimal TV.  Did not bother getting dressed, even. No shower.  Chewed a melatonin tablet early afternoon to reinforce my attempt at a day's reset and redirection.  I'm reset, beginning with DST, for which I've had ample pre-sleep.  

I would like to try to work more with a timer, as that has added structure to where it was absent.  Starting with iTouch watch I set when I am not permitted in bed.  Writing projects get 40 minutes or so per session, house projects 25 minutes or so.  Exercise, already on a timer, has reinforced what I can do when I force my activity into a specific time block.

Social media is not yet out of hand.  Reddit on snooze, Twitter probably gone, and Instagram never was.  That leaves the FB sink.  What has been successful in the past was a spin of the roulette wheel early in the morning.  Odd number, contribute to FB that day.  Even number, just permitted to check messages twice that day.  I adhered to it, don't recall why I abandoned it.  Today's #5.

And pick the big writing and home project for the week, allotting extra sessions.

Sounds like a plan, an improvement over what I do now.

No comments: