Pages

Sunday, March 5, 2023

Boldness



It's the middle third of my semi-annual initiatives, that time when it is unclear whether to look at what was accomplished, what still needs to be accomplished, what can be accomplished, and what might be better abandoned.  I'm not ready to abandon any.  Some needs focus.  But some needs boldness.  I can make My Space what I envision it, but I need the boldness to articulate and exercise that vision.  There is a meeting time in my Urgent/Unimportant box that will get redirected to sitting in My Space with a clipboard as I swivel around the room and make a read plan for what the end point should be and how to best pursue it.  Europe will not happen this semi-annual cycle but I could access a travel agent.  Attention to wife has been less than projected.  That I can correct but need to be bold in defining and doing this.  Now have dates to visit daughter.  Can make airline reservations which affords commitment. Visiting son done by car, so more flexible.  Money, or my money is now part of a revocable trust.  House needs to be put in trust.  Not sure about wife's money.  And I have to pay the attorneys.  Some emails to financial advisor to complete this.

My respect for synagogue baalebatim has not been restored for good reason.  Approached the President on this.  Set up meeting.  Books should be completed this week.  I still expected to have guests for dinner but need to be bold about inviting them.  Pesach is good opportunity.  

I have been assertive about my health.  Taking medicine.  Exercising on schedule and starting to increase intensity.  Sleep tracker has helped with insomnia.  Lingering endoscopic studies on calendar.  Loneliness correction needs some boldness on my part to engage.  Give it a go with strangers when I visit another congregation for Megillah reading and with OLLI during the week.  Maybe go fishing if weather permits, though not yet important enough to declare a time to do this.

If I learned anything from the two audiobooks in progress, Get It Done and One Bold Move a Day, it's that my real goal of expressing myself, mostly in writing, is to attain a measure of recognition for doing it.  One of the authors struggled with this, declaring this her Unicorn Projects, the high end that could not happen without audacity.  Audacity added to my Daily Tasks, shoot for one a day.

While I want to get proficient in my kitchen, I need to make it physically functional.  Some of that is forced on my by Pesach, as is creation of menus and executing them amid a number of restraints.  Enhancing kitchen skills is a vague initiative, not fully a SMART goal.  Pesach gives it better definition.  Spare no effort on this.

Some has gone well.  Some really needs some assertiveness.  I think this week I'm ready.




No comments: