Pages

Monday, March 27, 2023

Resume Fishing

My rods occupied part of my living room.  I might have gone fishing once last year at Bellevue State Park, my closest option.  Though the better spots, Beck's Pond, White Clay Creek, Lum's Pond, and downstate all remain unvisited.  They seem farther than I really want to drive for the joy of casting without a bite.  

I inventoried and harvested my rods.  Deep Sea to the car, small pond to car, mid-size to car.  Fly rod, second light rod, and bait caster stay in living room for now.  Have a plastic tackle box in the trunk.  And with OLLI off for a week and few appointments, a trip downstate with all three rods has become a must-do, with a few other hedonisms of being downstate tossed in.  A lunch perhaps, coffee at a specialty shop in Rehoboth, a brew at the original Dogfish Head site, or perhaps a winery or Dogfish Head Brewery on the return.  Learn the Palomar and nail knots before I go.

No comments: