Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

South of the Storm

As I try to do each morning, I retrieved the newspaper from the end of the driveway so my wife who reads it can stay warm.  I wear night clothes even in the coldest, wettest weather.  I've not had to make an exception for snowy weather, as there's been none this winter.  My snowblower never got upgraded for the season but I know where my snow shovels are and have the business card of a snow removal contractor.

National weather forecasting indicates a noreaster, a big one, with serious snowfall to remind everyone that daylight savings time begins while winter weather remains a possibility.  It will fall comfortably north of me, something of a relief as I have a rare important evening outing that I've been anticipating and a meeting tomorrow that I would not like pre-empted by snow clearing.

But definitely significant wind chill as I retrieved the newspaper.


No comments: