Pages

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Can I Get it Done?


Things languish incomplete.  Having a finite end point helps, the S in SMART goals.  And for the most part I do.  Carving big projects into sequential steps may require thinking skills that I lack.  And then timing the sequential activities so that each has an end point often seems elusive.

Converting My Space into My Best Space can get done.  I created zones.  Probably should do the biggest zone first, that's the back area.  Then the most important, that's my desk.



My desire to write a book inches to plans to write a book, then advances to scattered writing with a timer.  What I need there is a plot to write about, not neglected but not settled, and dedicated times to do nothing else but write, another partially successful intervention.  What I need there is a barrier to what else I could be doing instead.  

My desire to create three articles for submission, one down, takes a similar pattern.  There's the writing, which I do, then the submission where I'm too timid or unaware of best destinations.  Maybe I need a coach, or maybe I need to play lottery and just send stuff already written.  Just Do It and learn later may have a place here.

I also have initiatives that I fully accomplish.  I've read my assigned selection of books ten weeks into the half-year with proper distributions of traditional, e-book, and audiobook along with the distribution of fiction, non-fiction, Jewish theme.  Getting to my kids takes a mixture of planning and real travel, all ready to pursue.

Somewhere along the way, since each half-year's initiatives have similar themes, are the psychological underpinnings of the selections, something I may not have been entirely candid with myself exploring.  Some is the challenge of doing the project.  Some are better relations with people.  Some is probably as much a quest for missing recognition as it is for the satisfaction of the achievement. That may be a better motivator, to be looked at as somebody worth looking at.  To be a formidable, capable person.

Now in the middle third of the semi-annual cycle.  Direct attention to My Space and my public expressions.





No comments: