Pages

Thursday, March 9, 2023

Did Instead

It was a session I did not want to attend.  From a highly manipulated Rabbi search, a choice emerged from the Influencers who needed a rubber stamp.  Trust suffered in the process.  Respect on my part suffered from this and other synagogue situations as well.  I did not want to be part of this meeting.

In its place I allocated the time to proceed with a project that really will bring me pride.  I set a semiannual initiative of making My Space the optimal person environment.  To work on it appears on my Daily Task List but outlining what actually needs to be done to make it a reality has never gotten its completion checkmark.  In lieu of the meeting, I resolved to sit in my desk chair, one of the favorite places I always like to be, with a clipboard and blank loose leaf paper.  I turned on all the lights for maximum illumination.  Then in red pen, I noted 26 separate zones of My Space that I could tackle one at a time.  Completely actionable.  I transferred the list to my computer, but kept the handwritten one on the desk for now.  Ready to achieve this by the end of my anticipated half year.

And it took less time to do this than allotted.  So, I resolved to complete an article I had started.  Done and submitted.

While these very specific accomplishments brought satisfaction, they really occurred as an escape from resentment.  That needs to be addressed as well.  My Be Bold project for the coming week.


No comments: