Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Late Coffee


As a reward for finishing my month's treadmill program, I allotted a morning's coffee and treat at a coffee/sweet shop that I pass every day but only have been to twice.  Not great coffee as coffee shops go but still a small novelty and reward for me.  I have to drive a little out of my way to get there, as access can only be had from the northbound side of a divided road, while my direct route would take me southbound.  Still, a treat, one anticipated overnight.

Treadmill done, and at an increased speed.  Good way to complete the month.  Got dressed and drove over.  No cars in their lot.  Drove to the door.  Don't open until noon on weekdays.  Guess they don't depend on people buying coffee.

So by 10AM, I've not had coffee.  While I could slip in a K-Cup, today was earmarked as a coffee change of pace.  Best option, probably percolator which I rarely use.  Next best, which I did, Vietnamese coffee in a French press.  It's really ground a little too fine for that but good enough.  Slight unwelcome splash onto my counter as I poured, maybe a small splash onto my clean cargo pants too.  But it's good coffee.

No comments: