Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Completed Tasks

While my daily task list is long, few of the more complex ones get a checkmark at the end of the day.  Uncompleted excessive intentions have become ingrained for decades.  A few easy ones like weighing myself every Monday morning get completed without fail, but most that have no clearly finite completion point get carried to a subsequent day, usually the next one.  Yesterday went especially well, though.  Mostly finite stuff:  new camera battery got its initial charge, beard trimmed nicely, did a little better than quota on first audiobook of the calendar year, kept up with daily two chapters of the Book of Mormon, read from the Forward and Atlantic, omitted snacks after 8PM, took my pills, adhered to assigned wake and bedtimes.  And then a few unique accomplishments.  Had a thank-you note to write, sent off an important financial form, paid my annual Wellcare premium, responded to an essay on KevinMD, put away laundry that had been sitting in the basket a few days, interviewed a home organizer, and did some serious preparation for an article on my declining relations with my synagogue that I am intent on completing this week.

Many of these one and done tasks generate accomplishment.  They also reinforce a commitment to moving along with those more complex multistep tasks where the end point never gets fully established.  But for a New Year, I seem on my way.


No comments: