Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Haven't Done Yet


Transition of the year, or for me the half year, generates enthusiasm for initiatives.  Then I have to do them.  Exercise on schedule has gone great, achieving an extended duration and speed on the treadmill.  It comes at the price of sore legs, rested one day of three but never with full recovery.  Yet I feel accomplished for keeping to the schedule, knowing that in the future I will need to allow for the undesirable soreness.  Writing has not gone as well.  I have the first article online, a thoughtful diatribe with little following.  Yet the goal was submission, not acceptance.  The more involved expression has gone nowhere.  Eventually I will begin my forays into our adjacent state of Maryland.  I have a list of places I could visit.  Only need three. Covid has made it unwise to invite guests.  I listened to a book and started another.  My interest is stalling but with a timer and some grit I can finish it and them move along to a novel in the form of e-book.  OLLI registration has been submitted.  I would like to attend in person which will make it easier to latch onto a committee.  Logging monthly expenses has been a struggle, between vacation and oodles of donations.  Dedicating time to my wife each week, as desirable as this is, lags.  We each need our space.  Garden planning has gone well.  Garden doing less well.  Somehow I never quite specify time to revive my aerogarden, even though that could be done easily and without major time investment.  Clearing My Space also crested quickly, then has languished.

SMART Goals must be realistic, and these are.  They must have deadlines, and these do.  Those deadlines, though, are far enough into the future to allow excuses for doing other things instead.

No comments: