Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Rewarding Myself

Off to a good start for the calendar year.  My legs have gotten a mite sore from pushing the treadmill sessions ahead but I've remained faithful to the schedule.  My reward has been a self-mutter of Good Job and the scheduled recovery day.  Writing has not gone as well.  I have outlines and aborted attempts but not the anticipation of reward, be it seeing my name in print or even perhaps the ability to sell my ideas for money.  I've done well at responding to what others have written but have not really pulled my weight in disseminated just as valuable thoughts and offer superior expression.

I've tried a reward system, no social media until the current article is ready for an editor.  Haven't missed not being on FB, Twitter, or Reddit, so its return may not be the best incentive to prod my stalled project along.  I'll give it another two days.

No comments: