Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Rejected by the Organizers


Eventually health realities will remove me from my home, leaving the house with all the inanimate objects for an heir or his designate to move out of here.  I was hoping to spare my children that onerous task by straightening up while I still can but after some effort, my heart really wasn't in it, even though I probably still have the strength.  I could work about 45 minutes on it, seeing some evidence of before and after.  I really needed to pay somebody who, for a set hourly fee, could do a more sustained effort.

With Angi's List and the like, I tried to hire cleaners.  They vacuumed, mopped, did the fridge.  They did not move stuff.  Next an organizer.  One did not call me back.  Three came to take a look.  Their orientation is mostly filling dumpsters.  Mine is creating paths so I don't get injured.  No interest on their part in doing something hard, or maybe even less familiar than their usual recommendations for discarding.

Looks like either I will have to do as much as I can myself.  My descendants and their hired agents can do the rest in my absence.

No comments: