Pages

Monday, January 31, 2022

Up Late

Football conference championships caught my attention, the right respite from some snow removal soreness.  I root for the Chiefs out of loyalty to Iggles icon Andy Reid.  His team blew it, their premier quarterback losing his poise as the opposing team accumulated points  The other game had two California teams.  Since my daughter lives in the Bay Area and the LA Rams have pretty much abandoned my once town of St. Louis, I leaned toward the Niners who also came up short, outplayed in the second half.

Time Zones being what they are and the game being undecided until after the two minute warning, my customary bedtime got postponed, not helped at all by some intrusive thought, bothersome enough to delay my entry into the sleep cycles but not bothersome enough to remember the next day.  For the first time in a long time, I greeted the 6:30 wrist alarm with a Later, which turned out to be 70 minutes later.

Adapted to being awake.  Fleishig dishes done.  Minimize social media today.  First cup coffee within reach on its coaster in My Space.  Just a time shift for the day.


No comments: