Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2022

Recreational Day

Cannot remember the last day I've allocated my recreation as the principal activity.  I'm not even sure what really constitutes recreation.  There are many things that result in satisfaction or relaxation or some combination.  I like doing dishes by hand, almost always do despite having a pretty good dishwasher.  I find expressing myself satisfying but not engaging in feedback of what I have expressed.  Sometimes my camera goes where I go.  I like petting and playing with other people's dogs but don't really want to be saddled with the care of my own.

And then there are the more classical hobbies, pursued and might like to pursue.  Creations in the kitchen usually afford a fair amount of pleasure.  I like drinking coffee and beer.  More recently I've been introduced to bourbon and still like to sample wine.  It is the variety that attracts me more than the excellence of any single sampling.  

I usually find visiting someplace away from home refreshing.  Doesn't have to be far.  New preferred, not essential.  And often getting there becomes a greater source of satisfaction than being there.

And the classics.  Gardening, fishing, creating pictures with pencils or pigments, going to the putting green, my mostly dormant harmonica.  Not good at any of them, not planning to get good at any of them.  Yet readily available and mostly a welcome diversion from what I might be doing instead.  This could use some more focus.  Maybe even some designated time, as in a recreational day.


No comments: