Pages

Monday, May 9, 2022

Controlling the Social Media


Put a weeklong ban in place.  FB restricted to Mother's Day evening, which I limited, and if my article to KevinMD appears, that will be announced.  I checked in advance for birthdays.  None this week that I must acknowledge.  No Reddit, which is the site I like most.  Bari Weiss is really an echo chamber.  Let my subscription lapse, ignore this week.  Twitter long gone and not missed.  KevinMD is technically Social Media, but I have a weekly quota and there is nothing toxic about that site, though responses to posts have been pretty minimal.  A problem for Dr. Kevin to correct.  

That's new-found time.  Yesterday for Mother's Day, it got absorbed making dinner.  Today, probably some cleanup and laundry.  Getting tired of Big Screen TV in My Space.  In some ways the time sink of reading and responding has been a distraction from my twelve semi-annual projects, that excuse to do something easy or emotional instead of activities that are difficult with periods of frustration.  I will likely do the challenging stuff like writing, gardening, space upgrading, and expanding my in-person presence once I tie myself to the mast so I cannot go to Reddit instead.

No comments: