Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2022

Sleep Reset

 For a long time, my effort at sleep hygiene had gone very well.  Into bed at a certain time, out of bed when the iTouch watch buzzes, no bed for anything other than what a bed was intended for with the addition of a book I am reading and practicing an upcoming Torah reading.  Sleep cycles still had not transitioned from one to the next but I had a good inkling of when I would awake and for how long.

I now find myself more wakeful.  I assume it is a desired effect of setting aside my daily SSRI dose a few weeks ago, but other causes are possible.  I no longer feel a need to rest on the recliner at mid-day.  Falling asleep has taken longer with onset at a later hour.  Sleep cycle interrupted transitions seem longer, including one where it did not happen.  I followed sleep hygiene protocol and went to the recliner in another room.  

It is likely that this new situation, whatever its cause, will persist.  The principles remain the same: set wake and sleep times, restriction of what I do in bed to things that should be done there.  Maybe just the set times need some alteration.


No comments: