Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2022

Onset of Summer

Father's Day appears in proximity of the summer solstice.  I guess the Dads of evolutionary biology were in their busy season.  Now the summers need an escape to the air conditioners in the Northern Hemisphere.  The summer finds me well as a senior citizen with one small loose end on last week's lab results.  Energy could be better, disposition has taken a hit when I stopped my citalopram, and for good reason, my doctors' visits cluster around this time.  But I'm also ready to eat into some of that accumulated recreational deprivation.  

The amusement park did not go especially well at making me more animated.  See if the regional beach days do better.  

Summer also brings me to the second half of each year with new semi-annual projects to pursue.  Completed the twelve initiative list, put it in weekly planning nylon pouch to stay dormant for another two weeks, then adjust the whiteboard with the new list.  And I didn't do too badly with the concluding set of projects.  I'm ready to make the transition.

Maybe even fewer physical symptoms and more intrinsic cheer.




No comments: