Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Trapped in Hi-Tech


My Big Screen TV does not accept the Comcast Stream.  When I try to sign on, it takes me to authorize, gives me a code number which I enter, responds Success.  Then instead of giving me my shows, it takes me back to authorize with another code number.  I called Comcast who sent a technician who told me the problem was TCL Roku's TV.  I called TCL Roku which took me through the steps, concluding that the snafu rests with Comcast's inability to recognize me for their TV.

Doctors have a variant of this.  "Doc, I'm short of breath."  Cardiologist insists it's a lung problem.  Pulmonologist insists it's a heart problem.

While I personally suspect a Comcast issue, as my TV seems pretty normal, when I seek the assistance of the Google Repairman, I am hardly the first to report this.  The TCL technician also understood the troubleshooting steps, but so did the Comcast technician who had the advantage of being onsite.  I could get a new TV, but it seems an expensive way to resolve the impasse.  Or I could dump Comcast as my streaming service, which is always tempting to do, especially since I rarely watch this despite the monthly subscription.  There are other streaming services.  

Give Comcast one last try when I have an extended time to be left on hold until they connect me with somebody far overseas instructed by his company to read his script rather than listen to the customer.  

No comments: