Pages

Friday, June 10, 2022

Recreationally Challenged


Been planning some minor travel with outdoor activities for about a month.  Urgencies like my car malfunction and the need to replace a sink disposal unit get in the way.  Some other things are more timed like a podcast and a civic meeting and agreeing to do something in synagogue.  Nearing the end of those.  And then there are things that other people want me to do that I don't.  Not going to synagogue's annual meeting.  Reconsider if they offer me a promotion from consumer to contributor but don't expect that to happen.  So by mid-week, I expect unscheduled time to enable some minor adventures suitable to summer,
Some things I do alone, others better as a couple, though more are pursued solo.  Beaches, wineries, anything overnight done for two.  Special dinners at home prepared by one, eaten by two or maybe more. Fishing needs part solitude and part random interaction with other anglers.  I visit my ancestral resting places as a sole descendant.  Haven't been to a ball game in a long time, another solo effort.  Bus to NYC myself, though it would be better if I were able to get together with an old friend while there.  Despite some inflationary expense, there are still things that elevate my spirit which I've neglected for too long.  Time to recapture some of them.

No comments: