Pages

Monday, August 8, 2022

Arranging Dinner

As I analyze what constitutes True Fun, I was able to isolate an activity that combined Playfulness/Connectedness/Flow.  I arrange to make dinner for my upcoming anniversary.  I started with a centerpiece, this time a brisket that has been frozen a while.  Need a bread.  I could buy an Italian bread, but haven't made French bread in a long time.  We all like samosas.  Never made these.  Had to select a recipe that could be adapted to non-dairy for our meat meal, but found one.  Halved the quantity.  No better soup in August than Gazpacho as tomatoes become plentiful.  Selected the Good Eats version.  Cucumber salad is easy and can be made early.  The brisket needs a rub after shabbos the night before and a few hours on low cooking.  I found a rub that I can assemble on Friday, season meat Saturday night and leave wrapped in plastic in refrigerator overnight.  Only boxed segment, couscous.  We have a lot of boxes to use up.  It's easy and reliable.  For dessert, a triple berry pie, really the only extravagance.  And a red wine, which gets me a trip to Total Whine, forcing me out of the house and among people.  Then a day of effort on Sunday, making for another episode of Playfulness/Connectedness/Flow.  

No comments: