Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

OLLI Selections



OLLI Course selection week.  The fall semester has its challenges.  Yom Tovim cluster on Monday-Tuesday this semester with Yom Kippur on a Wednesday, so my classes will need to meet W-R-F.  That eliminates a lot.  Instead of a registration fee and a separate fee per class, they consolidated tuition to a single lump payment which allows up to five classes.  I intend either three or four.  

Most importantly, the purpose of OLLI, high priority for most seniors, is to have people interact.  They just got too complacent with Zoom offerings, which dominate.  Those are fine for connecting New Castle County to downstate Delaware, but as I go through the catalog, I am selecting out only those that meet in person.  It is my intent to take at least two of those, maybe three or all four.  I would consider two of these on the same day to encourage me to take an interclass snack to eat there.

I made a grid of class times.  Using only in-person classes, I have enough.  And not to exclude Zoom entirely if there is something I might particularly want, particularly one held downstate.  But after looking over the catalog I designate immersing myself with other people the highest objective.

No comments: