Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Final Fifteen Minutes


My sleep pattern subsequent to withdrawal of my chronic SSRI seems to be declaring itself.  Bedtime uncertain, though later than before the SSRI.  Into bed also less certain as is the latency between putting myself supine and actually entering one of the sleep phases.  First wakening approximately 4AM, sometimes 5AM.  Nocturia usually not the cause but a convenient time to empty bladder to avert another awakening.  Then drift off to sleep an hour later.  When the wrist alarm prods me at 6:30AM, I don't really feel ready to arise.  I always feel obligated, but haven't always been getting up.  Real biologically driven wake time arrives closer to 7:15.

Good sleep hygiene depends upon predictability, something not yet adapted to my CNS so longer supplemented with the SSRI.  Some variations to the pattern.  Nocturia at 6:15AM.  Could wait for alarm, but really couldn't wait.  Returned to bed, got a real snooze for twelve minutes, glance at iTouch Slim, then semi-snooze until the wrist buzz.  Didn't really want to arise this time but did, moving along to dental hygiene followed by a stroll downstairs to check my indoor plants, make coffee, finish last night's dishes, retrieve newspaper from the driveway, empty recycling, and make a k-cup.  Those fifteen minutes of snooze, and maybe a little grit on my part with morning dental care, seems to have put me back in control of my time, at least for the morning.

No comments: