Pages

Friday, August 5, 2022

Up All Night


Sleep Hygiene can get out of hand.  For some reason, I awoke at 2:30AM.  Not a full bladder or other physiological hint, just wide awak and abrupt.  Turned on bedroom AC without benefit.  Withing a short time, I paced over to the recliner in My Space.  I had recorded a fair number of shows, mostly travel and Jewish, so time to catch up.  I did.  No drifting off at all, and got to watch some pretty good programs.  Some YouTube perhaps.  No benefit.  After a few hours, still fully alert, I'd give bed a second chance.  Not drowsy, but not wired either.  I considered staying in bed until mid-morning, but I have anti-hypertensives to swallow and crock pot shabbos dinner to assemble, along with daily dental hygiene, so I just did these.  A book awaits for me at the library later, and it's a treadmill day, though I think better postponed until the afternoon.  Just see how long the unanticipated alertness lasts.

No comments: