Pages

Monday, May 11, 2020

Letdown

Intrinsic Motivation: What Is It & How Can It Help You?

Mothers Day came and went.  It's a special day for me because I get to pamper my children's mother a bit, having outlived my own.  I get a card, a bottle of wine, and make an effort at supper elegance.  All this happened.  Maybe a little too much wine.

Today, getting out the starting gate has taken more attention than usual.  I'm not tired, not really devoid of motivation either, but past the climax.  I tried to fix my refrigerator to find that a key part does not fit, adding a return and replacement hassle.  It's a treadmill day, as was yesterday.  I set a time to do it, a duration, and a speed and just did it.  Usually when I've been consistent with this and push my limits, I eventually capture more energy so today may be an investment in that end.  I'd like to go fishing and try tying the palomar knot that I just taught myself.  However, I lolled around on the couch when I could have been doing this.  I still can.  Have not yet exchanged the seasonal clothing.  Can do that when I return from fishing.

Interestingly, I feel generally well, just let down a bit.  My fingers hurt less, my lumbar area is better and the thoracic back strain has run its course quickly.  My legs ache in the mornings but not in a disabling way.  Most other Review of Systems has been pretty good, or at least age appropriate.  It's just that motivation seems more forced than spontaneous.  Try out the palomar knot, perhaps.

No comments: