Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Recovery Day

About the midpoint of Memorial Day Weekend.  It's not really a day off for anybody, since those who are essential workers in a Covid-19 environment still have work that is ongoing and those of us idle are still idle.  For me, though, it seems at least a physical recovery day.

After being shelved from the scheduled treadmill sessions I am back in action, and yesterday for the first time I was able to complete the program at the level at which I had left off.  That left me a little sore, particularly in the calves, though respiratory and cardiovascular benefits seem to not need that every three days respite. 

Memorial Day Weekend starts the summer mindset.  Our SDS Weatherman predicted it to be warmer than what I experienced retrieving the newspaper from our driveway but I still attired myself in classic summer garb. 

It's also a scheduled day for full attention to gardens.  Indoor plants seem on schedule.  Outdoor containers could use some minor attention.  Focus on backyard beds this afternoon if it warms up and dries out a little.  I've not weeded yet but will need to this week.

Summer may be as much a mindset as a calendar designation.  I'm on my way, and today for the first time this calendar year look the part.

Tips and Tricks for Treating Sore Muscles: Legs | Soccer Cleats 101

No comments: