Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2020

New Desk Lamp

Shop Simple Designs Chrome High Power 3-watt LED Clip Lamp Light ...My tried and true clip-on desk lamp just snapped at the clip.  It had served me well, getting a new halogen bulb not long ago.  I looked for a direct replacement but did not see one online, at least not in proximity for the amount I paid for that one at a back to school sale years ago.  I opted to go hitech instead.

From Walmart for about $20 I ordered a replacement.  It has LED lighting so I do not have to change bulbs but I don't know what the life span is.  It arrived well ahead of schedule.  I think I liked the light with the old one better.  This one has a USB cord instead of the usual wall plug in but I probably have an adapter somewhere or maybe should go high tech again and get an extension strip with USB ports like I did for my cruise a couple of years ago.  For now it's plugged into the computer.  Apparently has three levels of brightness, though none strikingly different from the other two.  Not obvious how to turn it off.  Had to hold the switch.  I didn't see any instructions in the box but when I hold the switch down it shuts off.  Should be ok once I get used to it.

No comments: