Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Seasonal Clothing Exchange

We have a Netflix subscription, utilized by my wife but worth some curiosity on my part.  I accessed it for the first time, selecting a show of Marie Kondo helping some empty nesters remove world class levels of clutter far in excess of the impressive amount that we have accumulated.  Her method starts with purging clothing, something that I do rarely, mostly at year's end to donate to Goodwill things that have no hope of ever fitting again.

However, twice a year I exchange clothing to match seasonal weather.  Wrong season gets stored in a large duffle back and a vacuum collapsible plastic bag.  The exchange took place this week.  I have more shorts than I am likely to wear, more t-shirts than I am likely to wear and maybe a few more knit collared shirts than I really need, particularly the nicer ones that I used to wear to work on Fridays.  On the return side, I essentially wore no sweaters this winter.  Most long sleeve foldable shirts with or without collar got worn at least once.  I have no reason to inventory long pants or long sleeve shirts which just stay in the closet, though some might find their way to Goodwill.  I don't think I wore any woolen pants more than once or twice.  Suits are for High Holy Days and funerals.  Probably ought to try them on.  Sports coats I wear to shul.  Ties I almost never wear anymore, even to shul but they do not take up much room.

Do any of these really bring me joy?  Can't say that they do though some evoke memories of where I remember wearing them.  But as summer approaches, it's t-shirts and shorts in abundance.  I think I will get rid of shorts that are too tight, though.

Cheap Clothes for Men in Spring 2016 at Uniqlo

No comments: