Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Converging Tasks

FB sent me a memory reminder from two years ago.  At the time, I had been making preparations for Thanksgiving, but several other projects needed some juggling at the same time.  For some reason the latter half of November might emerge as my busy season in retirement. My Thanksgiving menu has taken form, ingredient list available, with next step to confirm what I have and what still needs purchase. But before that I committed to a medical presentation, now completed except for the thank-you notes.  My monthly Jewish donations come due.  Monthly financial status review precedes Thanksgiving.  I have a Medscape column to compose and submit, a few more OLLI classes before the semester concludes.  Right after Thanksgiving we have Hanukkah with my wife's birthday and daughter's visit during that interval.  And then a somewhat overdue vacation that still needs preparation.  Somewhere in that interval I need to establish a new safe deposit box and decide what goes in it.  

No single project seems daunting but their accumulation in a short time definitely alters the time flow of retirement.


No comments: