Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Electronically Challenged


It's been a tough time for me with Hi Tech.  My computer got hacked.  My new car has too sophisticated a front screen for me to use properly.  My GPS of 2011 vintage leads me to places that no longer exist without the ability to track the locations that replaced them.  And my cell phone, trouble free for the three years that I've had it, made paying the monthly bill a hassle, then used up my monthly allotment of 10G a week before the next payment.  I don't even know what counts as 10G, or really even what 10G is.  And my bottom rung tablet does not charge as it should.

There are resources, some Geeks, some company representatives, that come to the rescue, some expertly, some the NP extenders for the Geeks who really aren't up to the tasks that get hard.  After a few calls, my computer email has returned to baseline less the years of Sent Folder, which I rarely look at but still miss having.  Toyota cell phone app got downloaded and appears on the screen, only to discover that the GPS program which I need the most, requires a $25 annual subscription.  And I still don't know how to get my cell phone screen, which has a GPS, to appear on my car screen, or even how to mount my cell phone onto the dashboard so I can see its Waze GPS App safely while driving.  After trying to update my Magellan Roadmate GPS map online, I deferred to Customer Support which I expect to be forthcoming.  T-Mobile has one more month of service before I consider other plans that for comparable price annoy me less.  And the tablet can stay in its charger longer.  There's a reason why it cost under $100, and I rarely use it.

1 comment:

Mitchell Wells said...

Those devices have a shelf life, the soles wear out. The business model requires them to visit tour wallet to survive as they think up new content to provide. It’s the new car syndrome, except you don’t get new chrome on your ROCKET 88. It’s just an app.