Pages

Monday, November 1, 2021

Broken Cap

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Pie Spice only comes out in the fall.  It sells out before Thanksgiving.  I missed out  year and largely used up the previous year's as its versatility livens up coffee as well as making a useful cinnamon substitute.  It's back, so I got a jar.  When I took the jar home the cap split and the plastic that separates the cap from the jar dislodged, leaving a sprinkle of spice in the reusable shopping bag.  I pack my own groceries at TJ so I cannot point a finger at the cashier, but I would have expected a more durable cap.  This is the second that split that way, a previous one when dropped.  I taped that one together.  This time I moved the good cap from the almost empty Pumpkin Pie Spice jar to the new one and notified TJ on line.  However, I now have a fresh jar to last another year or two.  The plastics manufacturer will need to design a sturdier cap, especially if TJ insists on it.


No comments: