Pages

Monday, November 15, 2021

Following Sleep Hygiene Protocol

When my wrist alarm buzzes, I arise from bed.  Almost no lapses.  For any sleep hygiene recommendations, a uniform time to depart bed serves as the core.  And it has helped.  Gentle wrist alarm from low end smartwatch was a good purchase.  Middle of the night insomnia has been more intractable.  After mostly unsuccessful riding it out in bed, one of those shouldn'ts, I've started getting up, walking across the upper hall to My Space, and turning on the big screen TV.  The browse option comes in well here, as I can usually select something that I know to be boring.  Within a half hour, I've dozed off in the lounge chair, just like the sleep hygiene guru's recommended.  Mostly I re-awaken before the iTouch buzzes me to start the day, returning to bed feeling a little better, though not always in store for one more sleep cycle.  For the most part, following this protocol has enhanced my perception of rest.  I'm more ready for the day ahead.


No comments: