Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Escaping the Nudgy Tasks


Tis the week I set aside for a little isolated Me Time.  I definitely want to get away, though not as forcefully as when I escaped to Penn State or Camelback in previous years.  I've picked a recreation destination and a hotel not far away which has what I need to seek one notch short of my highest level of amusement.  It also, in exchange for recreation, bypasses what I could be doing instead at home.  And I don't quite feel my best.  The non-refundable nature of the reservations makes me want to delay another day, but the water park and hotel would each like to have my business.

And then there are other things, few of them semi-Annual initiatives though some are, that crop up.  Have to help out at shul at beginning of week and for shabbos.  Need to sign some financial papers.  There's an Education Committee event that my wife is running so I need to be prepared and present for that.  My financial advisor sent me a summary of the new rules for the calendar year, a few of which affect me so I better familiarize myself with them.  The library secured one of the two books I reserved, so start that, even though I do not want to take it with me on my getaway.  And OLLI has some minicourses that look inviting, though not essential.  All stuff to work around my days allotted to Leave Me Alone.  While some household chores appear on my list, I'm feeling indifferent to most this week.

See if I feel better later today.  If so, make the reservations for later in the week.

No comments: