Pages

Friday, January 6, 2023

Reluctantly Up

Today has a few must dos, particularly as shabbos enters tonight.  Not a lot, though.  Should refill gas tank.  Low on bread.  Should take out anything else trash haulers can remove when they come around, though nothing will happen if it waits for next week's pickup.  Not planning to go anywhere for shabbos, including services.  A do nothing day never really goes well.  Consecutive do nothing days never prove restorative either.  

There are items on my Daily Task List, though I've not marked the ones also on Semi-annual projects with a colored highlighter yet.  

I'm not physically impaired.  A little achy.  A little down, maybe lonely.  Skipping services entirely may not be the best choice, though I really get little pleasure from being there.  Perhaps if I accomplish something important or special today, my mood will get a small boost.  But at least I am now up, with coffee splashed with on sale Oat Milk for the first time, starting a little over an hour late.  And it's not a treadmill day.  As much of a chore as I find exercising, it is also a source of accomplishment.  So is making shabbos dinner, so the by day's end I should have something to show for having made myself vertical.


No comments: