Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Too Much Sleep

Accounting for inaccuracies, my Smart Watch totalled my sleep time at 9 hours 33 minutes for the past night.  That's a lot.  I know I have been in bed more, probably sleeping more, and also more tired.  I had been doing rather well for a long time with regimented times, up 6:30AM, Bed 9:30PM, which is still a lot, though not all of it was sleep.  I think I need to reset firm times and do it long enough to become habitual, usually a few weeks, or for now probably the rest of the month.  The wake time of 6:30 should be functional.  I think I will set the to bed time at 10:15PM and the lights out at 10:30PM.

Too much sleep, assuming it really is sleep, correlates with a number of poor medical outcomes, for which the sleep pattern may be more of a marker than a cause.  And bed time may not really be sleep time.

See where it goes for a few weeks, then perhaps some medical assessment if not correcte


d.

No comments: