Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Expressing Myself

Might I seriously consider reconnecting to Twitter?   Or Sermo?  Social media has gotten some justified negative assessments, from time sink, which it is for sure, to swamp of the toxic, to transporting our perfectly agile minds to echo chambers where they can languish.  All true.  But their popularity rests in an inherent desire for people to express what they think in an environment of no personal risk.  Can't do that at work.  Can't just say what we think of our Rabbi or Pastor in an open forum.  Can do that on Twitter.

To construct my day yesterday, I extracted a subset of my Daily Task List to identify how I would like to express my thoughts during that single day.

  1. Add to text in the book I committed myself to writing
  2. Comment to an author my thoughts on her book
  3. Comment on an editorial from The Forward
  4. Comment on an article from a subscription that is about to expire without renewal
  5. Write a blog entry
  6. Comment on a KevinMD essay of my choosing
  7. Begin an article on physician retirement that a site invited me to do
  8. Finish my article on misuse of synagogue seating during our Holy Days
  9. Start my comments on my congregation's Rabbinical future
  10. Add my thoughts to r/Judaism on Reddit
Ten worthy forums where I have thoughts.  Ten where I don't particularly care what any reader would find objectionable.  I completed five, worked on two others, saved the other three for a concentrated effort not that far into the future.

Probably should make a similar list every day, and keep score on how well I do each day.

No comments: