Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Regimenting


Keeping myself to a schedule has largely collapsed since retiring.  I can no longer even get up when the wrist alarm buzzes, though I'm pretty good at dental hygiene, getting coffee, and reviewing my Daily Task List once put myself upright.  Then the days get largely amorphous, lots of things I could do, some notion of priority, but no fixed time to do most of them.  I typically go through the list periodically, deciding what I could do right now, and for the most part pick one.  What I've not done well is decide what I am going to do at 1 PM or any other fixed time.  I much prefer the freedom of not having timed appointments, even appointments with myself, though I suspect the things that have gone best are those when I have some notion of when during my day I will tackle a particular initiative.  Treadmill after coffee, shabbos dinner on Friday afternoon.  Those all get done.  Plan tomorrow, or write in my Hakaras HaTov Log, after supper, weekly YouTube entry Monday after supper.  Those always get done, probably because I have generated an habitual time for completing them.  Probably need to create writing time, work on house time, and some other major categories.  There are now scheduling programs and apps that may make this easier.  I think it will also make me more productive.

No comments: