Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Redeeming Points

During a postal meltdown, my Capitol One bill arrived late.  I paid it with two weeks to spare, but still got a late bill, even though they cashed my check.  I appealed, they waved the fee, but I never used the card again.  I used to use it for professional tax-deductible expenses, which since retirement have been my professional licenses, organizational dues, and a journal, all since absorbed to my usual card.  Now Capitol One is about to boot me out for vagrancy unless I use the card again, which I could do.  But along the way, I've accumulated redeemable points, use them or lose them within the next three months.  Simplest option, a check for $230 and be done with them.  Air fare, though, would be discounted twice that.  And I probably still ought to have a back-up card.  Easiest option may be just to use the card at Starbucks next time, pay the bill, but still redeem the points.  Redemptions have a lot of other options, not yet explored.  Just have to see what each is worth.  I do have some serious travel waiting which could be booked before the redemption expiration, but just see what the other options really are.

No comments: