Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Not Signing In

Commitment to myself.  For two days I will not sign in to any social media.  No FB, No Reddit, most of all no Twitter.  Perhaps permanently no Twitter.  Not sure I'd call KevinMD social media.  It's really more of a magazine with essays, More like The Atlantic than like FB.

I've done Day 1.  Almost opened FB inadvertently as it is next to my email icon, but didn't read anything there, other than to note I had two unread notifications.

Not opening these expands my discretionary time considerably.  I cannot say I used the opportunity as well as I could have, though for the most part I have not felt all that well.  I went out for coffee while I worked at what could be a very good piece on my response to loneliness that seems to be catching up with me.  Went to Shop-Rite.  Bought a birthday card.  Probably still would have done these things even with sneaking onto the social media sinks.  And I do feel a little deprived.

See how the second day goes.


No comments: