Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Acting Professional


This can be a very productive week ahead, or one that gets piddled.  On Sunday's I mark the fixed projects on a whiteboard in the kitchen where my wife can coordinate.  Most days I have one or more entries, something highly unusual.  And that doesn't include those amorphous initiatives that, while time-bound to encourage completion, do not have appointment dates dedicated to pursuing them.  Each month, my finances are done on the 17th, Jewish donations on the 20th, selection of a topic for my monthly medical column submission also on the 20th.  I want to go to the beach.  That needs an assigned day.  I selected a day to order a replacement sofa.  I committed to a gathering next Saturday, allotting a whiteboard entry for that and to make what I plan to contribute.  And best news, perhaps, I feel ready to do them all, along with exercise, writing, and house upgrades that are understood activities that do not need a whiteboard slot.

No comments: